Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bonus visit

Yesterday my flight from Dallas to Frankfurt ended up being cancelled. Some mechanical problem with a flap on the wing that required a part to be flown in from Frankfurt. Probably best that we didn't fly out! So, I got a bonus day in Dallas. I went for a run, put the net on the pool, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, emptied all the trash cans in the house and best of all, got to take Madeline out for lunch. This year for the first time I didn't get to take a first day of school photo of her - how sad is that? I didn't want to miss out on the school photo in the school uniform so I took her photo today. She was not too happy about it but she put up with me!


Now I'll head off to the airport and try this again. This time I have to fly to Denver first but I felt lucky that I got flight out today. I don't think everyone on the cancelled flight did.

Turkey Update: For those concerned about my frozen turkey - I put it back in the freezer last night and even after 6 hours at the airport it hadn't defrosted at all. I adjusted the weight in my bags so that it can go in the checked luggage this time and I won't have to have contraband meat on my person!

No comments: